Baldies interested in a Mink

Did they end up catching the mink?

Where did you take these pics?

Where did you take these pics?

Through my living room windows Sunday Morning. At least one pair with young have been in the area for years but we do not see them very often

Is that along the Otonabee River? Just curious since I am off next week and I am recording down places I can go where hopefully I can get some shots of Birds of Prey.

Up towards Buckhorn north of Peterborough. However they are rarely seen and the ice is now gone so they wont be looking for food out along the edge of the ice. If your up this way watch the hydro poles for osprey boxes on the top. Hydro has been replacing nests built among the wires with large open wooden boxes on top of the poles for years and in the last month I have seen quite a few new ones going up in prep for the Ospreys return. They are not always near water either and often are quite a distance from the water along a highway or road. When the ospreys come back in a month or so they will build nests in those boxes. Down around Rice lake there are a lot of osprey boxes and nests on hydro poles and even in the odd tree. :) They are an excellent place to watch and get pictures of the parents flying in and out as well as the young later in the summer sitting on the edge of the boxes exercising their wings.

Most reactions

Back