bamboo/bamboo on LSD

bronzeo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagemakerart.com
The pic is from a hand held midrange digital and maybe a little unsharp. I'm more concerned with what you think about the overall composition colors and the wild rework in photoshop. The photo taken at the home of Ernest Hemingway in Key West. A cool place to go also.
bambooA.jpg

bambooB.jpg

i dont like the rework as a picture but could be used in an animation! flash it for a weird effect or something

The little green leaf in the foreground is a bit distracting, but it is an unretouched or croped photo. As far as the subject matter, it is just a still life shot lending towards abstract in reality and in art compo. Not caring for them are one thing, but if you don't have a reasonable critique, why blast them. I don't see how they could offend anyone but the mindless. I guess this not the forum for me. adios

Maven said:
if I am typing it isn't it MY OPINION?

I just wonder if you realize what a critique is designed to do. "Boring" Its a freeking still life. Do you think all photos need to be full of exitement? A boring cow can still win top honors at the state fair. I understand that if you don't care for it, that there is little to say, but opinions that are not constructive need to be keep to themselves.

I have 35 years in as a professional artist, but consider myself very much an amaeture at many phases of photography. I came here to try to expand my knowledge of the field. I have spent many hours on both sides of critiques, so I do know what I should expect. Lets say for the record that I got very little of that this round. Anyway, now I know.

Personally, I love the rework, but then I've always had a thing for the abstract.

Composition wise, I would agree that the green shoot is a little off putting, but then, if you can create something like that rework then I'm sure getting rid of the shoot probably isn't a problem!

I like the spacing of the canes and the way they seem to be leaning away from the camera, as if feeling suddenly camera shy. The colours are nice and it has a great overall texture. Nice work!

bronzeo said:
Maven said:
if I am typing it isn't it MY OPINION?

I just wonder if you realize what a critique is designed to do. "Boring" Its a freeking still life. Do you think all photos need to be full of exitement? A boring cow can still win top honors at the state fair. I understand that if you don't care for it, that there is little to say, but opinions that are not constructive need to be keep to themselves.

I have 35 years in as a professional artist, but consider myself very much an amaeture at many phases of photography. I came here to try to expand my knowledge of the field. I have spent many hours on both sides of critiques, so I do know what I should expect. Lets say for the record that I got very little of that this round. Anyway, now I know.

I took a look at your website and you have some great artwork! I don't really care for this particular photo much, because I think it lacks composistion. But please don't judge this whole forum by one persons opinion. Posting in the critique forum does mean you should be open to all responses whether someone says your picture is boring or amazing! I think you have some great artwork, and would like to see more of your work. Seriously though, this is a great place to learn about photography, just check around and hopefully you'll reconsider. Boring is better than no response at all in my book!!!

More vibrant colors would add a lot of life to the photograph. As for the graphic, very interesting. It would be great for a website to catch attention.

Most reactions

Back