entubao

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2u93fxu.jpg

regards!

Hi,

To be honest, it looks like a floating head and I'm not sure about the banana either.

I'd have highlighted some of the clothing to give the body shape, there is a tiny bit there but it is very hard to see, so I'd image on a print it'd be practically invisible.

There is something strange going on with the lines, particularly around the face and hands, I'm not sure if this is because the image is compressed or what but it doesn't look right and gives me the impression it's been digitally altered someway.

Her face is too warm and this is repeated in the hand, I'd be tempted to tone it down a bit.

Cropping left and right to get rid of the background edge is a must here, there is no need to leave it visible.

The banana....I just don't know what to say, maybe it's because it's suggestive in shape, or because they don't look great when they are peeled as the skin breaks up but for whatever reason it's just not working for me.

Steve

Given that you've not replied to my previous comments but have posted another photo with all the same issues, I think I'm wasting my time giving you any kind of constructive criticism so best of luck with your photography.

Steve

There's something ironic about this pic. Let me guess. Pretty girl, nice prominent schnoz, eating a banana. Intentional?:lol:

Given that you've not replied to my previous comments but have posted another photo with all the same issues, I think I'm wasting my time giving you any kind of constructive criticism so best of luck with your photography.

Steve

sorry for not replying u Steve, but, what do u want me to tell u ¿?. U first mention is for u it looks like a floating head, and well, if i want to show u a profesional make up how it looks like, what else should i place but that floating head as u called it ? Then u go with the must of croping the edges, and i think of Annie Leibovitz portraiting Mikhail Baryshnikov, and i wonder why she can, but i can't. Was also testing my one meter long 10 bucks piece of fabric just purchased, so why can't i show it.

About the orange dominant, yeap, u'r right, though make up was also quite warm, and lights set was an ikea 3 bucks lamp and a 3 bucks chinese ebay white umbrella tighted with some books above it, only in the first shot, not in the second, thus the shadow in the nose, and when this low lights the 50mm 1.4 AI nikkor i used still can't find out how working it out well with the white balance, my fault, nothing PS auto colour can't fix

then the banana, that u don't like it. Well, it's about tastes, isn't it ?

i very much apreciate ur time and ur coments, sorry for not leting u know

regards!

Hi,

Haven't been on here much lately so I've not responded until now.

Firstly, I'm taking it that from your justification of every point I raised, you didn't agree with them or didn't like them or you feel it's a personal attack whatever; if you don't want criticism or you're not going to take it then don't post your photographs and ask for it. Apologies if I'm wrong here but I don't think I am.

Fair enough if you are trying to demonstrate a pro MUA's work but giving some highlighting to the body to show form would not have stopped this, but it would have stopped the decapitated head look you have going.

On Annie Leibovitz? My point is still valid. In some images this approach might work and in some it doesn't. Here it doesn't. If you are hell bent on copying another style then I'd suggest you go back to her images and spend some time studying them to see why it worked for her, why in a lot of her work she doesn't take this approach and what you could change to the images above such that this style would add to it and not look like and afterthought.

'nothing PS auto colour can't fix' - you don't start with incorrect colour temperature, then blame it on your equipment and say you can correct it digitally afterwards, you take the photograph properly to begin with. If you don't you're not learning anything; you're relying on the experts at Adobe to fix all the errors that shouldn't have occurred in the first place.

Yes the banana is personal taste, as I said at the start if you are going to ask for personal responses on your work then expect to like them.

Finally, this isn't anything personal, you might take it otherwise but as usual....I don't care...in fact that's going to be my new signature...

Steve

Most reactions

New Topics

Back