Barn@Sunset

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_0500.jpg

The sky looks great but I wish there was more detail in the barn...it looks like it would be really interesting.

I like the effect of the barn being sort of sillhouetted, and showing colour in the foreground and sky, nice work! BTW love your avatar!!

Amanda, this is a really cool shot! The sky, the tree ... I think it works well. I might try to lighten that barn a little, but for me this would make it to the wall.

Great shot. I love the sunset and sky behind the barn. Well done!!!

Thanks so much everyone :) Any ideas as to how to get the barn lighter...I messed with it for a long time but kept losing the sky...

I think you could lighten the barn by using dodge brush in ps, but it might alter the colour cast, it's worth a try though.

Thanks dalebe :) I'll give it a shot, it seems burn/dodge is the tool I have the most issues with. I tried duplicating the background layer and then applying it as screen, but that took away the sky...

what a beautiful picture. i could sit there all day with a tall glass of sweet tea watching the day end. very nice Amanda.

Very nice shot. You can try selecting the barn only as a separate layer and use the shadow command in CS, but not too heavy as it will look unnatural.

Thanks Jon, you are too kind :)

Canoncan, thanks for the tip...I will definitely work with this idea tommorow and see what I can do :)

The tree & sky are good, IMO the barn take up to much of the frame

Amanda, Did you try crop left haft to 8x10 (5:4) format?

Thanks for the reply Jeff :) I appreciate the critique :) There was no cropping done on this shot at all. I have a few other shots from this same barn, but the barn always fills up the majority of the frame do to a fence and awkward surroundings. I definitely intend on going back sometime though, so I will work on getting an angle where the barn isn't so dominant :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back