kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Barred-Owl-2.jpg

Barred-Owl1.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

had a look at all you posted and I am going to say this is the best shot of the lot! :)
Looks like your whole day was one of the 2 zoo curses - in your case you got the curse of sunnyday (the other is overcast day). Makes whites and highlights a real pain to work with it does!

Anyway I really like this shot - clean up the background on the right a bit (boost contrast, increase shadows - make it black) and I think it near perfect! I do like the lowkey background, the sad look of the bird and the angle he is holding his head at!

They are both good shots, but to me the first one superb! The lighting in both is great. Good job!

Awesome i really like how the light is done in this one.

Thanks Matt. Much appreciated comments.

Cheers Overread. I'll play with the owl a little more. The other shots..... well, you understand. I tried.

Thank so much TwoRails. The zoo staff were ever so helpful with the lighting. :lol: It was inside a building with nocturnals.

Thanks keybq. Yeah, I had to bump the ISO up to 1600 for these shots. Still pretty pleased with the outcome.

I saw one of these a week or so ago... I was out riding my bike, and it was hidden in the trees, however I could see the outline really well. I stopped and looked at it for a bit, wishing I had a camera, and then it flew off right over me... LOVELY bird, was shocked to see it out in the daytime.

Thanks Empress, pierrotweller, sabbath and TC. Your kind words are encouraging.

Both are nice shots but the first one is awesome man...Well done!!

Hate to repeat what all others have said, but, both are very good. But, that first shot is wonderful. Excellent work.

Thanks for sharing,
Ron,

First shot is uber cool. It seems the owl was playing stare-off with the lens, and the lens blinked first :). Awesome detail on the bird and the branch.

Most reactions

Back