What's new

Basic DSLR on a Budget?

BirthDoula

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 4, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to purchase a DSLR for personal and professional use (I'm a birth doula). We are on a really tight budget, so I may have to sell my P&S camera as well as my old 35mm, and a few other things to get what I want. I don't mind buying used or older models. I want something mostly for portraits (pregnant women/families and babies) - indoor and out. I also need to get some new photo software since I have a Macbook now. So what are some good, basic DSLRs that I can learn on and experiment with? I'd prefer a *minimum* of 10mp for now, but I know they go a lot higher. I definitely can't spend $1,000, but could possibly manage to scrounge up between $400-$700.
 
$400-700 for cam AND a lens?
 
Last edited:
The Nikon D3100 is a solid entry level DSLR that is well within your price range. What kind of P&S do you have?
 
Canon 50D and a nifty fifty.


--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom