basic information

AJK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
can anyone provide me with a good link for basic technique and terminology. my searches have thus far yielded only books for sale.

I'm also looking to buy my first SLR setup, working with a total basic budget of about $1000 US. I know I'll have to go to a shop and mess around with a bunch of cameras to see which options are beneficial and which one feels right in my hands. I'm looking for something that is versatile and can take quality images. Thanks!!!:wink:

Canon AE-1

Camera is readilly available and you will still have a large chunk ot that thousand to spend on lenses to make it versatile.

But for a search tearm I would say search "SLR Body" and "SLR Bodies" and go from there

As for technique I'm not too sure. There are thousands of tutorial pages out there if you want to wade through them but narrowing it down to useful ones proves to be a little tough.

Yeah, I am of the came conclution on the techniques request...this is something that is really learned hands on, not from the web. I gave up on looking for technique lessons some time ago.

I'd go with a used Canon EOS 1. You can find them in 8+ condition for around $250 and they are fantastic cameras. Add to that a used 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, a used 70-200mm f/4 non IS and a used 50mm f/1.8 and you will have a VERY versatile setup that you won't get bored of for a very very long time or until you start working professionally.

Most reactions

Back