Basic Poses

TenaciousTins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't do a photoshoot very often and tend to do candids more than anything else but once in a while I do a photo shoot for friends (free of charge and just for fun). I would love to know more about basic posing. Usually when we get out to whatever location we end up at, I trip over myself because I don't know what poses to put people in. So far all of my subjects have been female and with the exception of one, have been very naturally beautiful and photogenic and willing to get into any position I ask of them.

So what are some basics to posing, or some basic poses that you absolutely live by when photographing someone? I am a visual person so pictures or a website would be great if possible!

I have a Canon T1i, 18-55mm lens, and a 430EXII flash. I also have 5 reflectors (white, black, silver, gold, and translucent), and a soft box that goes around my flash. I prefer to shoot natural light, outdoors in various locations. I am also willing to get into any position and try anything to get a good shot. I am as clutzy and ditzy as they come, so posing and modeling does not come naturally when my picture is being taken...so I most certainly can't tell others how to pose very well :D

There's a great thread on another forum that you should read. Not to send you away but it's really a great, informative thread. I'll see if I can dig it up. I lost all of my book marks recently. There may be some others here that know of the one I'm thinking about. It's Benji's thread on the photocamel.

Send me away all you want! I would love to draw upon old threads...I don't wish to engage a great amount of anyone's time if it's somewhere else. I did do a search for "poses" but there were so many threads, I thought my eyes were gonna fall outta my head! lol

Thanks for that...will read through it all!

Does anyone have experience with larger people? I am visiting my best friend in Australia in March and the last two years that I've visited her, I've taken her picture, but never really been happy with the results. She is very obese at the time, although is starting to lose weight now. She has quite small eyes, buck teeth, but beautiful black hair and really her eyes are gorgeous if caught correctly. I would love any advice as to posing her (outside shots only).

Thanks again :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back