Basic Product Photography Equipment

JOZE666

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, :D

My name is Jose..i'm 22..studying graphic design.. i live in Lima PERU.. South America.. starting on photography bussiness.. at least i intend to do so.. for some time i was working with a company doin product photography , small medium objects.. but they didn't put any money on that subject so my idead was to bought a couple of 100 W bulbs and a 250W hallogen lamp.. hmm some white cartons.. and a couple of chairs as polls for the lamps..

it worked.. after retouching on photoshop. :?

I'm out of that place now and i see that there's a need of product photography service over here.. i want to invest on buying some :arrow: equipment to deliver quality photos, i have a few relatives in the states that could send me the equipment... i've been checking tons of products.. all cost a lot.. i mean.. i'm not a person thats making a lot of money right now.. remember south americas economics are not so good.

Can SOMeone please tell me a cheap combination of products which i could buy to start delivering this service? :?: I already have a 4.0 Mp canon powershot A80 camera.. and i'm planing getting a powershot pro1 as soon as i can.. :)

I'm planning to put something like $300 on this subject.
:arrow: Thanx a lot.

:arrow: JOSe MArtino

Here's a tutorial for a do-it-yourself project. The guy claims you can build a product studio for under $100.

If you wanted to buy better lights, you could probably still keep the cost way under $300.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back