basic test

SimplyMo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
does anyone know of a place (website/book/anywhere) where i can find a great photography test? so that i can test my own knowledge?
or ever more than one test..

i just continue reading, taking notes, reading, taking pictures, etc.. i just want a way to know that it's all sinking in.:blushing:

does anyone know of a place (website/book/anywhere) where i can find a great photography test? so that i can test my own knowledge?
or ever more than one test..

i just continue reading, taking notes, reading, taking pictures, etc.. i just want a way to know that it's all sinking in.:blushing:

Best way to test your knowledge is out there with your camera in your hand.
And why would you want to test your knowledge? I mean, the level of any photographer is determined by the photographs he takes, not by the quantity of his knowledge about shutter speed aperture etc.

My opinion, read, shoot, shoot again, read again, shoot, shoot, shoot, a bit of reading followed by a lot of shooting. There is no photographer which learned to take pictures by reading books :D

Good luck. :)

Best way to test your knowledge is out there with your camera in your hand.
And why would you want to test your knowledge? I mean, the level of any photographer is determined by the photographs he takes, not by the quantity of his knowledge about shutter speed aperture etc.

well i only want to test my knowledge because i'd like to possibly be a photography teacher some day.. i can't teach if i'm not able to take tests myself and make sure that i know--and able to explain/teach-- what people seek to learn... taking tests is just one way...;)

i can go out and create as many beautiful pictures as i desire--because i do understand the basics..but when someone asks how i'm doing it, that's when i stumble a bit...

Shoot in RAW...read the EXIF data...Explain the outcome...Open Lightroom and predict an outcome based on using a slider before you actually use it...Get Understanding Exposure and when you feel like you can anticipate what the next few paragraphs are about & explain how they fx photographs, you deserve an A in science. I'd say that when you have @ least 10 photos that you find artistically pleasing from the 20,000 you've shot you deserve a :thumbup: in art, but not an A.:camera:

have a good one
3Eo

when you feel like you can anticipate what the next few paragraphs are about & explain how they fx photographs, you deserve an A in science. I'd say that when you have @ least 10 photos that you find artistically pleasing from the 20,000 you've shot you deserve a :thumbup: in art, but not an A.:camera:

you've read my mind...that's exactly my standing point.
i took basic photography two times (among many other photography classes after taking the first basic--and passed with A's only because of my artistic ability). the first time (i took basic) i couldn't care any less about anything technical in photography.. i just wanted to have my merry way with photo taking and print images my self... the second time (this summer), all i was concerned about was learning the science.. but i still need more..practice practice practice...

Most reactions

Back