Basilica de los Santos Ambrosio y Carlos/ Rome Italy

JRE313

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another church I did in Rome.
Normally when it comes to the Lighten Adjustments slider in Photomatix, I move it far to the left(cartoony Look) This one, I clicked on Natural+. Because i wanted a less cartoony look. Just a little more natural. Hope I accomplished it. Let me know what you think!!

Bas_lica_de_los_Santos_Ambrosio_y_Carlos_side_A.jpg

I really need to go to church! I love the details in this image, wonderful!

Here is another church I did in Rome.
Normally when it comes to the Lighten Adjustments slider in Photomatix, I move it far to the left(cartoony Look) This one, I clicked on Natural+. Because i wanted a less cartoony look. Just a little more natural. Hope I accomplished it. Let me know what you think!!

Funny that you mention it this way, because in my opinion this is one of your strongest images yet. You've lost a lot of tonality and local contrast with your previous HDR due to the cartoony processing. This shot actually has nice depth and realistic colors. From a photographic standpoint, it's very nice. The highlight coming in hot at the top and upper right are the only shortfalls of this image. You could take some time and resample the symmetrical statue and on the opposite of that hot spot, and save the image that way.

Rotanimod
Thanks dude, The more I look at this image, the more I cant tell if this is a HDR photo, I am not used to Natural HDRs, trying to change my style
i have another church photo coming up in a few min.
Hope you like it.

I wish you had shot with a more wide angle lens so the columns could be straightened up without losing any of the image.

I wish you had shot with a more wide angle lens so the columns could be straightened up without losing any of the image.

bynx,
i did. There is a section of this church that is very very similar to this one. Its just that the painting in the middle is different.
i will post it probably next week or so

Yeah you can't go any wider unless you get the sigma 8-16mm on a DX sensor. He is shooting with a 10-24mm and 10-20mm. He needs to step back more if there is room to do so or buy that sigma lens.

I have the Sigma 10-20 and it seems it would have captured more. Not criticizing the shot, its tack sharp and well done but the sloping sides just throws it off in my opinion. At the same time I dont want to lose any of the image its so nice looking.

Yeah not sure what focal range he was @.

Overall Its a cool image lots of detail and color. I wish I could go to as many churches as he has visited!!

nice work. I think the processing looks real nice

Great googly moogly I freakin love this! First impression on viewing was "WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

As mentioned the hot spot in the upper right and it seems you might have stood a tad more to the left to center things up.

Other than that, holy cow!!!

Most reactions

Back