gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was fortunate to gain private access to the Basilica of St John in Des Moines for a couple of hours. Here are a dozen images that I created during my visit:

1- View from the balcony
p4143523958-5.jpg

2- The altar
p4143523926-5.jpg

p4143523968-5.jpg

4- Pipe organ and rose window
p4143523993-5.jpg

5- Panoramic from the floor
p4143523916-5.jpg

6- Crucifix
p4143524057-5.jpg

7- Altar
p4143524151-5.jpg

8- Looking back
p4143524085-5.jpg

9- Stained glass window
p4143524084-5.jpg

p4143524070-5.jpg

11- Station of the cross
p4143524040-5.jpg

12- From the floor
p4143523955-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Breathtaking

Especially enjoyed 1, 4, 5, 6.

Your lighting is wonderful in these. Great perspectives and interesting subject. As usual, really a nice set.

Lovely images.

Very nice set, Glenn. I don't do pictures like that so I'm curious to whether you meter for the darkest area in a room and go off of that or something else. Thanks.

Very nice set, Glenn. I don't do pictures like that so I'm curious to whether you meter for the darkest area in a room and go off of that or something else. Thanks.
Thank you...

The way I approach most of these interior shots is two take at least two exposures (usually more) to cover the range of light in the scene. If the frame includes chandeliers or windows, I will usually make an exposure first for the overall scene. I then make a second exposure that is usually severely underexposed (ensuring that there are no blown highlights in the chandeliers or windows). Later, in Photoshop, I blend the two images...and use the underexposed image for the brightest portions of the scene. The fastest way for me to accomplish this is by using luminosity masks--although sometimes I can get away with a HDR photo blend in Lightroom.

Glenn

Some stunning exposures there. Christian churches always seem to be so beautifully lit and this is captured very well here.

As usual, a great set.

Is it just me, or is No. 2 listing ever so slightly to port?

Some stunning exposures there. Christian churches always seem to be so beautifully lit and this is captured very well here.
Thank you...it was nice of them to light the church for me. So often they will allow photography, but won't turn on the lights!
As usual, a great set.

Is it just me, or is No. 2 listing ever so slightly to port?
Thank you...it's possible that 2 is off a bit. But, I applied the ruler tool and the perspective crop tool to each image.

Glenn

Most reactions

New Topics

Back