Batsto Crib Barn (time travel image)

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
B9E9D732-C562-41A8-BC79-3DB8FB1B93D7.jpeg

Never seen a barn quite like that. Nice, old time look ... could use a little restoration.

Nice good old time look on the barn but the black dots are a bit distracting. As suggested, it could use a touch of restoration.

This photo of the Chief Menomonee monument has an old timey feel.
#2a Chf Menom sep.jpg

The old time feel comes from the way it was shot.

It was shot with a f360 pinhole on a 4x5 view camera. Overcast day, with high winds moving the branches.

Post processing was limited to exposure and the addition of the sepia tone.

65205A65-A14B-4B38-A491-EC97DDA801AD.jpeg
Took that picture with this :) The black spots were dregs of old developer

Great looking camera. I love those old products of skilled craftsmen.

The view camera I use was made in 1910. I used a pinhole lens, since the period lens shutter does not work.

Here is the same monument, taken at the same time, with my mom's 1940 Anco Agfa box camera. I adapted the 116 spools to accept 120 format film.

Ansco 5 pos 2 adj.jpg

I am currently working on an enlarger so I can print rather than scan the negatives.

As you can tell I like tinkering with the old stuff as well as the new.

Be sure to show us more.

I think they look great, such character to them.

I’ve photographed that barn a Lot over the past decades and that’s my favorite by far. The 75mm Dominar Lens Really has a distinctive look. The camera is much more questions than answers. All I know is it’s sn SLR from an era before the exacta and sport. The coverings on the top back and sides are Ford Model T Roof material!

Last edited:
I’ve photographed that barn a Lot over the past decades and that’s my favorite by far. The 75mm Dominar Lens Really has a distinctive look. The camera is much more questions than answers. All I know is it’s sn SLR from an era before the exacta and sport. The coverings on the top back and sides are Ford Model T Roof material!

So in theory, it being part Model T, you could "Rat Rod" the camera out and make it faster. :barbershop_quartet_member:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back