Battery grip for the D7000: $250-$500??

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylehessphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm planning on getting the D7000, but I just noticed that the battery grip for it, the MB-D11, costs anywhere between $250-$500!! Why is it so much? I paid $60 for my MB-D80 battery grip on my Nikon D90. Is there any actual reason why this new one costs so much?

The nikon brand grips are always expensive. The Nikon brand grip for the d300 and d700 costs $250 new.

You did not pay $60 for a nikon brand d90 grip, unless it was 3rd party or very well used. They sell new for around $150, used for around $100.

It will be a few months before knock-off brands can reverse engineer the grip and sell cheaper versions. The d90 used the same grip from the d80, so there were knock-off versions available at launch.

I bought the camera and grip as a package and got the grip free... At that price I would not waste the money on it. There are many other more useful things that would be more helpful.

It's $250, people charging $500 are doing so because of supply and demand and trying to rake it in... write down the names of those businesses and never buy from them.

Reputable companies like Adorama, Beach Camera, Photo4Less, etc are selling them for $250 - that's where my money will go. I've tried knock-offs in the past, and although they work just fine, they don't feel like Nikon brand ones. The MB-D11 has better construction than the MB-D80 did (magnesium alloy like the D7000 itself, same as the MB-D10 build).

D300s grip was about $250 as well, you just suck it up and enjoy... If I ever decide to sell it I'll have no problem getting good money for it, the line is long for good, used MB-D10 grips.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back