Battery grip holder for Nikon d3100???

markj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm interested in a battery grip for my d3100. I see them available on Ebay for under $30.
I'm aware they're made in china, frankly, what isn't.
So my question is, has anyone purchased one of these units? If so, could you let us know
your impressions? Are they any different than for example the Phottix product which is
twice the cost?

tia

Yes I am pleased with the one I purchased. Get the meike one because this is the best quality one I believe. The only thing is that to shoot with the vertical button you have to use a small cord which looks a little untidy. I would get it just because it feels better in the hands and makes you look like a pro.

Noob question. What's a battery grip? I assume extended battery and better grip?

Noob question. What's a battery grip? I assume extended battery and better grip?
A battery grip attaches to the bottom of a camera and allows for shooting in vertical orientation in a more natural position and gives the ability to use two batteries.
Here you can see photos of a Nikon D90 without (top right corner) and with (second from the top) a grip:
Nikon D90 Review | Digital Camera Resource Page

Most reactions

New Topics

Back