Battle of Britain Salute, Canadian Style

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This past weekend I was privileged to shoot the aircraft participating in the Battle of Britain Flypast in Ottawa. It was an awesome weekend of flying and fun.

bob20069176265_copy.jpg

bob20069176296_copy.jpg

bob20069176303_copy.jpg

bob20069176362_copy.jpg

bob20069176373_copy.jpg

bob20069176392_copy.jpg

bob20069176415_copy.jpg

bob20069161565_copy.jpg

Ottawa
bob20069171792_copy.jpg

Happy Landings,

Eric

how fun, i want to get to take pictures from a plane

Awww, I just soooooooo love your air-to-air-photography, Eric!
And for these I really like there were clouds and for a change you did NOT have the all-blue-and-only-blue skies!
I am far too little an expert (well, in honest words: NO expert at all!) on planes to appreciate what planes they flew :oops: but ... I still like what I see here! :D
And the aerial view of that part of Ottawa is wonderful. What is it exactly that we see?

Having seen the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight the best part of 20 times I can say that you do it 100 times better than us Brits!!

All we ever get is 1x Lanc with either 1x spit & 1x Harricane
or 1 x Lanc and 2 x spits

or if there is the smallest wind blowing we get sod all

This gets my vote any day

bob20069176296_copy.jpg

morydd said:
Lancaster, Spits and a Mustang?
Did I get them right?

Looks like 1 spit, 1 lanc, 2 hurricanes and 1 P51 to me but hey what do I know

Thanks everyone. Lostprophet is right on the aircraft, One Lnacaster, two Hurricanes, a Spitfire and Mustang. That is the Parliament buildings where our government resides. Most of my American friends are always shocked we can fly over or Government buildings which I have been able to do several times. For more images from the day you can check out my website at http://www.airic.ca/html/battle_of_britain.html

Cheers,

Eric

Those are some sweet shots...my grandfather few Lancs towards the end of the war. That wouldn't be the Lanc from Hamilton, is it? Or is there another one floating around somewhere? I always thought that that one was pretty much the only flyable one left, at least in Canada

GoM said:
Those are some sweet shots...my grandfather few Lancs towards the end of the war. That wouldn't be the Lanc from Hamilton, is it? Or is there another one floating around somewhere? I always thought that that one was pretty much the only flyable one left, at least in Canada
There are just two flyers left this one and the one the BBMF have here in the UK

Excellent series, Eric!! Your air to air shots are simply fantastic.

(And nice to see the aerial view of the Parliament buildings)

hey eric! long time no see :D so good to see some pics from you
wonderful series! :D
thanks for sharing

Thanks. Mansi, it sure has been to long. I have been so busy the past few months I have not had time to post. I have to take advantage of the airshow season while it lasts.

Cheers,

Eric

Most reactions

Back