BBC Guide to Digital Photography !

Since they announced that they were going to start accepting amateur (read "unpaid") submissions, instead of spending so much on professional photogs they need their audience to start taking better pics. ;)

They look like good little tutorials.

I remember some years ago being 'phoned up by the BBC with a request for a photo. I had taken some pictures of a children's author for use on book covers and the BBC wanted a picture of him for their magazine. He had pointed them at me.
They asked if I could send them a print and I said 'sure' but they would have to pay £25 to cover costs and copyright for a one-off use (very cheap, I thought). But they baulked and said they couldn't afford to pay that sort of money as they didn't have the budget. End of discussion.
Later I found out that they immediately got another photographer to go round to the author and take some pictures for them - at a cost of £500!
This explains a lot about how the BBC works.

Hertz van Rental said:
I remember some years ago being 'phoned up by the BBC with a request for a photo. I had taken some pictures of a children's author for use on book covers and the BBC wanted a picture of him for their magazine. He had pointed them at me.
They asked if I could send them a print and I said 'sure' but they would have to pay £25 to cover costs and copyright for a one-off use (very cheap, I thought). But they baulked and said they couldn't afford to pay that sort of money as they didn't have the budget. End of discussion.
Later I found out that they immediately got another photographer to go round to the author and take some pictures for them - at a cost of £500!
This explains a lot about how the BBC works.

Duh!!! Typical Beeb !!! :grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back