Beach Air and my Camera

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if theres any precautions I should take when taking my camera to the beach. I'm planning on going to Coney Island tommorow to take some fotos when i get back to NY and have heard that the salt air and your camera don't mix. Is this true or am I being too paranoid?

I went to coney island in christmas time and it was pretty windy. Nothing happened to my camera. And good luck, its going to be freezing tomorrow. Why arent u going to the Red Bull Snowscrapers to take photos? That's where im going to be freezing my @$$ off.

That's right! I forgot about the snowboarding stuff going on near bryant park...it is bryant park right?

nvm i foudn out where its at. i'm going to have to walk like 10 blocks to get there, but it sound slike a cool thing. see if i can get some shots of the boarders in air and such...if i can get close enough because i know my 28-105mm isn't going to cut it from far away.

yea. These are the directions from some site I found:
"Directions:Subway: F, V to 2nd Avenue – Lower East Side, walk East on Houston, and cross pedestrian bridge into East River Park.F, J, M, Z to Essex Street – Delancey Street, walk North on Essex, walk East on Houston, and cross pedestrian bridge into East River Park.Bus: M14D"
I'm going there straight from school. ANd I will see what my 70-200 is capable of. If only I had a press pass.

I don't fly in until close to 3pm. gotta make a stop at the apt to drop bags off. but i'll try my best to be there.

they open "the doors" at three and it goes through 9PM+. Ill probably leave at about 7 or 8. If you find me come talk to me :p. I'll be the guy with a Smugmug strap and a 70-200 f/2.8 on a gripped XSi :p

I have taken my D50 out to the beach tons of times with out any ill effects. You just have to protect it and monitor your surroundings. I live 20 miles from Galveston Tx so humidity is required.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back