What's new

Beach Bed for C&C please

crimbfighter

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
2,219
Reaction score
1,784
Location
Wisconsin, United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken 15 min after sunrise on a beach of a resort in the Dominican Republic. C&C appreciated. In retrospect I wish I would have gone to at least f/5.6 or f/7, but I was running at f/2.8 all morning long due to the low light morning light and forgot to stop it down once the light was sufficient...

Tokina 11-16mm @ 12mm, f/2.8, 1/1000sec, ISO 320, handheld, CPL used
8583641822_daacfd50bb_b.jpg
 
Or this one, taken in portrait orientation. Not sure if I like the wooden frame in this one, though.

Tokina 11-16mm @ 11mm, f/2.8, 1/1000sec, ISO 320, handheld, CPL used
8583688172_907e3219c7_b.jpg
 
The composition is nice but I don't really like the blow out sky. But, I can see there wasn't much you could do at the time.
 
$8583641822_daacfd50bb_blll.webp

you are not doing yourself justice.
these pictures were uploaded with a color profile of RGB and most browsers see sRGB thus your picture looks flatter and without pop.

if this was shot in raw, those clouds may be recoverable.
if this was a jpeg, surely you have other clouds you could slip in there to recover the blown out spot.

nice picture.

also not sharpened enough
 
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to adjust the blown out sky a tad with the addition of a GND filter in LR.

The_Traveler, thanks for the feedback. I like your edit. I do shoot in RAW, so I was able to adjust what you were referring to. I recovered the clouds as much as I could with a bump in clarity, both overall and with an adjustment brush. I also sharpened it a bit more, about as far as I could without getting noticeably over sharpened. I also exported it in sRGB. I always get confused as to which color space to use, and forget which one browsers tend to run on.

How is this re-edit?
8586837331_5920ef9937_b.jpg
 
I like the edit....
 
I like the colors of the new edit but I am not sure I like the wooden frame around the bed. Do you have any with just the bed? It seems busy and cluttered when it should be peaceful/simple.
 
Thanks for the comments on the re-edit. I'm definitely much happier with it the more I look at it.

paigew, unfortunately I don't have any without the frame.. When I first took the shot, I thought it was fun having the wooden frame, kind of showing some of the "features" of this particular beach. But, the more that I think about it, I do see your point, and I wish I had found a similar bed without the frame.. Eh, well. It'll be quite a while before I get to go back there again to try again! :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom