Beaches and Stars and Water

lta_ollie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Feeling cold where you are? Hopefully this might warm you up a bit.

For the second time in my career, I've been lucky enough to be stationed at a small remote tropical island in the middle of the Indian Ocean called Diego Garcia. And, with it being as remote as it is, and the minimalist of light pollution around here, it's made for some attempts at some astro photography and beach landscape. I'm still refining my skills on it, but wanted to share some of the photos I've gotten while here so far. It's a jumbled theme, but it'll do.

C&C welcome, especially for the astro stuff as I've really taken that up quite a bit since being here.

LTA09154 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

LTA09162 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

LTA02747 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

LTA02767 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

Hindsight I would have taken multiple exposures to help bring out the trees and not have so much noise at the bottom of the photo.
LTA02770 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

Same area, just at high tide and much earlier in the day...obviously.
LTA06282 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

LTA03412 by Aaron Oliveri, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Very nice set, dark sky’s really make a difference

All nice pics! I did noticed just a hint of star trail in the 1st pic but not so much that it ruins the pic in any way. #2 really grabbed me with the starkness of the tree and rocks set against that dark sky. Love the morning tide pic, very pretty! You're doing well and like all of us, will improve with time.

Great set keep them coming!

All nice pics! I did noticed just a hint of star trail in the 1st pic but not so much that it ruins the pic in any way. #2 really grabbed me with the starkness of the tree and rocks set against that dark sky. Love the morning tide pic, very pretty! You're doing well and like all of us, will improve with time.

Thanks! For the short amount of time I've been trying this, I always set the focus to infinity (and beyond!). Not long ago, I watched a video about the Sony 24mm GM (I'm currently using the Tamron 17-28, but did just receive the 24 GM in the mail) and the photographer had the focus set to 9 or 11m, so I tried similar things trying to dial it in so there's less noticeable trails after the first two. Most all of mine from August until late December had trails in them, but I'm working on it! And if the rain every decides to let up here, I can finally use the Sony lens.

Great images! Diego Garcia, flash your lights and I might be able to see you here in Perth ;)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would if it would stop raining. Nothing can pierce through this stuff right now.

Most reactions

Back