Beachscape

You have a nice sized thunder storm there. it even looks like you got a developing rain free base (an area that sametimes will produce a tornado!!!). I love the cloud in front and the whispyness of the top part of the thunderstorm. Did this storm produce any hail?

They look good to me.

the less people the better. But the sky is the focal point.

Thanks for the comments! I really doubt it hailed, although I couldn't remember if I had to. I'm not even sure it ever rained where I was.

I know they aren't very good but here's two more from the same night...
#1 & #2 were taken at 8:30pm looking S.

3. 8:45pm looking SW

4. 8:55 looking NW

From the look of that lightning iluminating the bottom part of the cloud, I'd say you have some hail in that cloud. Hail is very reflective and would iluminate like that. GREAT CAPTURE!!!!!

the first picture in the first post, i dont think there is enough beach in the shot.

as a weather nerd, your storm clouds are great!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Thanks again! I was super stoked about the lightning pic, it was my first ever, and I was handholding my teeny Casio, which is pretty obvious from the quality. (this was before I upgraded and started learning Manual) There were a few of us standin around like a bunch of fools clicking away trying to get a bolt and I was the only one who actually did! :sillysmi:

...and on the first shot, yeah, some more of the beach would have been nice, but I wanted to get the little wispy parts of the clouds at the top...

Most reactions

Back