Beads on a platter

Thanks everyone!

I guess I'll have to rescan it at a higher resolution and really play with it. (I should also wait for the film to flatten out a little more.)

Honestly, I think cloning out the scratches has helped, but that darkening the black has lessened the impact a bit. How? The coolest part of this to me is the central core reflections in the bubbles. See that one bubble right in the middle??? See the way there is like an eyeball's pupil in the middle? And a line or two radiating across the bubble? To me, the "dots in the eyes of the bubbles", and the surrounding "irises" are the coolest aspect of the bubbles...and when the blacks are all darkened, that effect is reduced.

I would LOVE to see this shot on a wall, like say, above a dentist's chair, where the eyes could look at it for long periods of time, and move from part to part to part! Or, uh, maybe in the throne room...you know, some place where the image can be looked at for more than just a few seconds. Good going on this one, Josh!!

This is neat. It looks like an image you see under a microscope (RBC).

Thanks. FYI - I did do a higher resolution scan and work on it a little, but I'm not happy enough with it to post it.

Still a work in progress, for now...

Speaking of that, I need to start a new thread on the merits of different image formats...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back