TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wild1b.jpg

wild3b.jpg

wild4b.jpg

Last edited:
Awww. My first thought was "my what big claws you have!" when I saw the first shot. I love the expression on the cubs face in the second shot. The last shot really gives a good idea of their size with them against the tree. Since mother bears are very protective of their young, I do hope you were shooting with a long lens ;).

Did you want C&C on these or were just sharing the moment?

OMGosh! And the winner is number 2! Great portrait and those eyes. You definitely got the moment. 1 and 3 are a bit fuzzy but they do show how early those buggers get their claws. Seriously, how far away were you? I'd be very concerned about the pounding of footsteps and raspy breathing. We do have a tendency to lose our fear behind a camera when we want "that shot".

The winner is not number 2, it's overexposed and blury. I like pic 3, where was the mother ?

Great shots, I love number three. The contrast between the tree and the cubs makes it interesting. They are so cute. Where was Mama Bear?

Wow, they are so cute!!!
I wish Bears were more timid, Id love to hug one :) they look quite cudly.. if you dontm ind getting scratched...
The last one shows the power of their claws.

I would be thrilled to bits to be close enough to get pics like these! (and scared too, of course).
Thanks for sharing these!

Beautiful shots of a rare sight, as many others have said its great to see shots of them and ones which look so close as well
Also I did a little snoop and followed the image links to your website - some great landscape and water work there, though you have a little error on this page
Photos of the Great Smoky Mountains - About the Smokies - SmokyPics.com
near the bottom where one line of text is covering the rest (though that might just be my browser - Opera for the record).
Hope to see and hear more from you and welcome to TPF!

Those were taken out of my car window with a 40D and 70-200. The mama bear and four cubs were in the edge of the woods near the road and we just came upon them, pulled over and fired off a bunch of shots. It was getting a little dark and I didn't have my external flash with me.

They were probably 40 ft or more away but never paid any attention to us and they hung around for several minutes.

For any Smoky Mountains lovers out there I'm trying to get an vacation/informational type forum up and going at this link The Great Smokies Forum • Index page. If you have time, pay a visit and register for the board. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back