Beauty in the Rough

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a shot I took a few nights ago, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I'm interested in what everyone thinks of it.
Beauty in the Rough:
6tonzvq.jpg

Technical Specifications:
Shot with a Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens at 1/6 shutter speed at f/5.6, ISO 100. Lit with flashlight, no diffusion. Tripod used.

Exposure, white balance, saturation, and crop adjusted in Adobe Lightroom.

I like this idea allot. maybe use shinier screws?

I like this idea allot. maybe use shinier screws?

Yeah, I definitely agree. The screws I had at my disposal were wicked matte. I am thinking of trying this type of thing again whilst my cactus plant is still producing bloom, and with shinier screws. Thanks for the quick response.

Great capture. I wouldn't change anything. The screws are illuminated just enough to contribute without competing. I think the elements effectively relate the theme. Just enough contradicting relationships to make communicate good dynamics. Frail Delicacy of the flower being compared to the immortal screws. The light vs the dark. The beauty vs starkness. Beauty in the Rough

i like the idea of the matte finished screws. It gives them the dark side of thing, and the flower is the light side/good in life. Its like someone who reality see's as this big pop wonder, is actually hidden in amogst of screws, and really isnt that great, but just seems great to everyone else. Heck, i know what im saying, just can put it in words. Oh well

This is a very strange combination, what gave you this idea?? I like the exposure and light on the flower itself , other than the center area, and one leaf which are blown..

To be honest, these type shots are out of my league, so my critique pretty useless lol... but the shot just has me baffled.. I guess for me , I want more detail in the screws and light.. Show them as Hard / Course and Rough objects, vs the Softness and fragile Flower... So , for me , and only in my opinion, I would want more light, more focus..

Other than the pistils being a little bright, I think there are too many phillips "heads" on the right side of the image. I do LOVE the concept, and think it's a great image!

i really love the exposure of the flower here, the petals literally glisten.

I do dig the concept of this shot. The nagging bit to my eyes are the halos around the white parts of the flower. (Over sharpening?)

Most reactions

Back