What's new

because i love extremes

afoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
253
Reaction score
148
Location
Vancouver BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i bought a 16-35mm lens about a month ago, and for the first time yesterday i shot it at 35mm.


have i ever shot at anything other then 16mm? no. why? because apparently i like extremes.

hahahah do i ever bother with 30 second exposures? no! hand me that 10 stop filter and i'll go for the 5 minute exposure!
have i used the 0.3 soft grad filter i bought yet? no! do i use the 0.9 every time? yes!
iso 400? what is that for? 100 is the way to go.

I'm wondering if my need to always use the extremes of my equipment is limiting me... could i be taking better overall images if i experimented with using a wider range of settings and techinques? does anyone else ever feel that way?


on that note, C&C please :D
same shot, once at 16mm once at 35mm


16mm version by hippy_henna, on Flickr


35mm version by hippy_henna, on Flickr
 
Again.. I like! Extremes may be your style... I would hang either of those on a wall.. #2 especially! :)
 
I actually like the 16mm version better. It has a slight surreal look about it.
 
I also prefer the 16mm version. The vignette adds some great atmosphere!
 
I'm in the 16mm camp for sure because I like how the land mass comes to a point and ends. Also the cove on the right has darker lighting.

Shoot what and how you like it. After all, that's why we're photographers.
 
hey everyone, thanks for the input! i'm glad everyone liked the 16mm better.... because secretly i did too :P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom