Because Racecar.

Muscle Milk Rear by keips66, on Flickr

Ok, so... Here are the the things I noticed I could try for next time...
Position the tires so "Michelin" is vertical in all the shots. Try to get some better lighting - Big studio lights that stretch the length of the car and diffuse nicely would help. Instead I had only the fluorescents that dangled from the ceiling for all of these. Which contributed to the glares on the walls, and various hotspots on the car itself. The IDEA would be to get nice looooong glares to accentuate the body lines of the car... but hey, Im not there yet, I can see it in my mind, but have no resources to get it done - especially, on location.
Move the car so the big ass crack in the cement is not positioned near the rear wheels.
Use a squeegee on the cement to really spread the water and press it into the surface to aid in the reflections (especially on the front shot) -which was the only shot water was used...
Really missing my 24-70 thats in the shop for repair... my 50 came through for these in a pinch...
Ummm....
Anything else?

are those runners wrapped, or just a really bad cast?

The exhaust headers are coated. They are welded up in sections from from steel tubing instead of being cast.

At racing speeds the headers get red hot and add substantial heat to the engine compartment.
Heat kills electronics, and that type of engine has a lot of electronics.

Last edited by a moderator:
crazy, looks like a really bad SS cast.

Yeah the alternator is tucked away underneath those headers with the regulator detached and in a separate location, each with its own ventilation pipe from the front of the car... you can imagine, the conditions are extreme.

^Any Ideas for that one? The floor is not looking right...

Ok. wanted to showcase some of the carbon fibre treatment. I cant tell how you how clean this thing is.

FrontNaked by keips66, on Flickr

Thoughts on processing? or any other thing you guys notice?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back