BECKY! You even were warned! Now you are MOTW!!

OK so you win £10,000.

Would you pay off your student loans?
What car would you buy with it? (non of those daft 2 wheeled things please! )
What little present would you buy your mum? (for just being mum!)

don't forget you could tape two Ducatis together, instant 4 wheel pleasure!

and what BIG present would you buy me?

If you could go anywhere to take photos where would you go and why?

you say you have a tropical fish tank, so i have a fish tank question...

I am setting up my aquarium, it has no fish in it yet, but the water has gone cloudy, I think it may be a bacteria bloom. How can i fix it?

OK so you win £10,000.

Would you pay off your student loans?
would I hell

What car would you buy with it? (non of those daft 2 wheeled things please! ) for 10k? I wouldn't imagine anything too exciting...

What little present would you buy your mum? (for just being mum!) I get her little presents all the time, usually flowers or jewellery... I drive her car mostly so I'd combine my 10k with her and buy something nice.... an audi s3 I reckon would do nicely..... failing that I'd get her a holiday...

don't forget you could tape two Ducatis together, instant 4 wheel pleasure!

and what BIG present would you buy me?

If you could go anywhere to take photos where would you go and why?

I'd buy you two Ducatis and a roll of tape for some instant 4 wheel pleasure. Or a big mac with fries if I was feeling especially generous.

I'd go to either somewhere remote and underdeveloped or the complete opposite such as new york etc.

you say you have a tropical fish tank, so i have a fish tank question...

I am setting up my aquarium, it has no fish in it yet, but the water has gone cloudy, I think it may be a bacteria bloom. How can i fix it?

If you have stones in the bottom its probably from that; no matter how much you rinse them they'll still cause the water to go cloudy when you first pour it in... usually yellowy/brownish...it will settle. Do you have plants in yet? Let the water mature for as long as possible before adding fish, minimum a week I reckon but the longer the bette. Buy some hardy fish like platy's first they'll survive through anything.Remember not to dump fish straight in let them adjust to temperature first etc etc you prob know all this. Also get some white spot treatment at the ready... it'l strike eventually, best to catch it as soon as you notice it! If the fish are stressed turn out the tank light!

On a kind of relevant note... I have baby fishies in my tank... they are soooooo teeny and cute - seems every time I turn my back... ah well when beckys away the fishies will play!

What kind of buildings do you want to design (or is it some other type of architecture)?

Good ones :mrgreen:

Preferably public buildings eg galleries & museums are of interest, and one-off residential, but for now I shall just see where the wind blows me!

If you have stones in the bottom its probably from that; no matter how much you rinse them they'll still cause the water to go cloudy when you first pour it in... usually yellowy/brownish...it will settle. Do you have plants in yet? Let the water mature for as long as possible before adding fish, minimum a week I reckon but the longer the bette. Buy some hardy fish like platy's first they'll survive through anything.Remember not to dump fish straight in let them adjust to temperature first etc etc you prob know all this. Also get some white spot treatment at the ready... it'l strike eventually, best to catch it as soon as you notice it! If the fish are stressed turn out the tank light!

On a kind of relevant note... I have baby fishies in my tank... they are soooooo teeny and cute - seems every time I turn my back... ah well when beckys away the fishies will play!

i have no plants at the mo, Just water, gravel, filter and bog wood

yeh, it could be the gravel, i'll have to do a couple more water changes and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the info

[new question] Can you post a picture of your fish tank?

It'll be the bogwood. Soak it for a few weeks first and keep changing the water. Also boil it to kill anything living in it. The water colour is from the tannins the wood is releasing.

I just got a tank myself. Expect photos soon. :mrgreen:

Oh, bugger. Thread hijack. Erm... Do you agress with my bogwood theory?

Yes the wood and the stones... don't change all the water I think no more than about 15% at a time. It will settle though so don't worry about it too much. I tend to scrub bogwood with a bristle brush and hot water before adding it to the tank, you'd be amazed at the crap that comes out of it!

I'll post a very bad photo of my tank shortly... just arrived in my new place in london so only had time for a phone pic of the tank before I left home this morning!!

My camera isn't with me in London just yet... had to leave it for now but will be getting it tomorrow!

Two very good reasons why not to take photos with a mobile phone...

Some of my fish...
fish.jpg

My open flat door...! exciting...
door.jpg

Most reactions

Back