becoming annoyed, Elements 8 Mac

dww257

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First I find out half the stuff that came with the new D300s is a no go with Snow Leopard. Nikon is saying early next year on that, right.
Now after attempting to load Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac I get "some application components missing in application directory please load again" or similar nonsense. Right on the box it lists v10.6. The program loads, takes up space on my hard drive, states install complete and thanks me. I've loaded the bloody thing three efin times.
So, any help would be appreciated before really expensive stuff starts flying out the back door. Thanks.

Sounds like your issue is with Mac and Snow Leopard, not Adobe or Nikon.

You pay a hefty premium to have a Mac computer. As a brand, Mac commands so little computer market share, other equipment/software manufacturers routinely pay short shrift to its users.

The bad part for Mac users is that it's a good business practice for those other equipment/software makers to do so and the situation won't be changing in the forseeable future, unless Apple decides to aggressively persue a larger market share.

Stuff like this is why i didnt upgrade to snow leopard. Im waiting for a full operating system upgrade. If you have any other versions of photoshop or photoshop elements previously installed this might cause some trouble, i would uninstall those completely, meaning uninstall and show package contents and delete that also. Im not a total computer geek so i cant be much more help. I cant believe nikon doesnt support 10.6 yet, thats really weird. I would just google it, thats what i do with all my tech questions, chances are your not the only one with this issue. if you still cant figure it out and you actually bought the software, then give adobe a call.

Btw if you do end up throwing expensive stuff out the window throw it my way;)
good luck

Well after the fifth attempt Elements 8 is in and as far as I can tell running OK. To be honest at this point half of it could be gone and my dumb---- couldn't tell. Pretty intimidating for a novice and I can see another trip to the bookstore for an Elements for Dummies or equivalent.
Between the actual snapping of pics and learning this I'll have plenty to occupy my time thats for sure. So for now nothing being heaved outside!

just start messing around with it. i taught myself photoshop by just playin around and doing online tutorials.

this thread is my senior project. i had only been using photoshop for about a month before i did this.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-gallery/185160-best-senior-project-ever.html
i learned it all from online tutorials. this is a really good way to learn these programs because you get visuals as well as step by step instruction.

this is a good site Melissa Clifton - Photoshop Tutorials, Animation, 2D, 3D and Illustration Galleries
good luck

btw, i found that lightroom is a much better, and more user friendly program for general photo editing. Anything major like object removal or serious retouching or effects i do in PS, the rest i use lightroom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back