camera=cool=editing=photoshop=WTF do i do now?..

random2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some nice pics with my new D90.. love it (get it). First the pictures where huge when I put them in photoshop elements, I know theres a setting somewhere to fix that.. I was wondering when Have I edited to much verses skill. Do I upgrade to something more then photoshop elements? Hmm. for now I'm just gona go take pics.

Huge pics - If I'm not shooting RAW, then I keep the quality as high as possible while size will vary based on what I'm shooting - if messing with some landscapes then probably will keep on medium, if portraits then large (not printing vs printing). Although, you can still print a 16x20 from a 6megapix camera still, I prefer settings as described above.
Editing - when shooting raw, I process on Capture NX2. When JPGs, I use LR for 1st run and if need more work then jump to PS.
Lightroom 3 is free now, see if you like it :)~ It is a very good software.
Good Luck

I took some nice pics with my new D90.. love it (get it). First the pictures where huge when I put them in photoshop elements, I know theres a setting somewhere to fix that.. I was wondering when Have I edited to much verses skill. Do I upgrade to something more then photoshop elements? Hmm. for now I'm just gona go take pics.
With the Elements EDIT workspace open: Click on "edit" scroll down and click on "Preferences" and look through all the possible settings.

One thing about huge images. Images should stay huge until you have reason to make them otherwise (posting on the internet). Even then you should save the huge ones before you resize the images to make them smaller. The reason is computer monitors are 72pixels per inch or thereabouts. The pixels have gaps in them too so visually this isn't too much of an issue. However a photographic print is usually in the order of 300ppi. Once you save a smaller version that detail is lost for ever.

Good reason... I new something was good about it.. When I have some good shots I want to print I will find out about all that.. for now I'm just taking pics.. and havn fun.. So far 200 pics = 1 great one and a few nice ones. Thanks Mr. 7k posts.. damn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back