JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A little update:

Did my first promo shoot with fellow classmates and members of a local band The Coltranes. They asked me for some good promo shots for them and this is what our combined senses of humor came up with. This was literally the most fun I have ever had on a shoot. None of us could stop laughing. I was having a hard time holding my camera still hahah. We were going for a sort of corny 70s family portrait where the leader of the band, Spencer (bolo tie) was the father, Sam (shirt and tie) was the son and then Evan was an adopted Indian son. It was a lot of fun. More on my Flickr but these are my favorites.

The idea was so that the photo would be the exact opposite of what you would expect their music to sound like. The band leader described their music as 1970s punk so definitely not what you would expect from the photos.

Strobist:
Photoflex Starflash 300 through softbox camera left, 1/8 power

5024956749_8b5b4a4485_b.jpg

==========

Rollover for this shot is available on my website

Shot with Jeff Thomas and the lovely Ms. Hannah Thompson the other day with my new beauty dish. Basically, I had three goals for this shoot:
-Start experimenting with the beauty dish
-Recreate one of my favorite photos of all time
-Continue to perfect my skin post process

So anyways, I got my model and then we set off on our journey.

Strobist:
AB800 above camera through socked beauty dish

Reflectors below and to the left of model

4972921635_86b6c4c6da_b.jpg

==========

Project for school. Photograph something red so this is what I came up with. Not my best work but I haven't uploaded in a while. View on Black Strobist:
Photoflex Starflash 300 above camera through softbox, 1/4 power

4914477027_ca485ebe2a_b.jpg

==========

This is a re-edit of a photo I shot a while ago.

Rollover for this image is up on my site. jackstrutzphoto.com/

Strobist Info:
Photoflex Starflash 300 through softbox, above camera, 1/4 power

Reflector held below frame

4825451175_fd7b53fd06_b.jpg

==========

Just another beauty headshot. This time, of Marissa Gates. She came over for the Bonnie and Bonnie shoot so when we were done and waiting on her mom to come get her, we did a few headshots. Same strobist as all of these.

Rollover will be up on my site pretty soon.
www.jackstrutzphoto.com/

Strobist Info:
Photoflex Starflash 300 above camera through softbox, 1/4 power

Reflector subject right.

4880540742_0c858f1100_b.jpg

==========

Natural light

4928704728_f860b4533b_b.jpg

==========

Got my Pocketwizard MiniTT1 + FlexTT5 combination yesterday and WOW! It is so powerful. The wireless ETTL makes things ridiculously easy. I seriously couldn't believe how easy the shoot was. Adjusting flash exposure from the camera was soooo sweet!

Strobist:
Canon 430EX camera right, set to E-TTL

5042857211_c8f0f81098_b.jpg

==========

Had to do an HDR for a project for my photography class at school. This is what I came up with.

+/- 1.4EV

Strobist:
Photoflex Starflash 300 through softbox above camera, 1/4 power

5095559111_aaed5c1806_b.jpg

==========

Experimenting with light

Strobist:
Photoflex Starflash 300 through softbox model right, 1/8 power

5114693845_3110b8b6d6_b.jpg

==========

Photo from a trip to Oceanside a couple months ago

Strobist:
Canon 430EX through umbrella camera left, 1/2 power

5095551877_5ba356bf87_b.jpg

==========

This photo was recently published in the SWRNN

Check it out:

www.swrnn.com/southwest-riverside/2010-10-14/sports/high-...

5082052204_30a83b9465_b.jpg

==========

So, my name and face have pretty much become synonymous for school photographer at my school which is kinda cool. Anyways... I never really fall head over heels in love with any of the photos that I shoot at school events but this one in particular has got me seriously in love haha. I saw it and was immediately impressed with myself haha :p The theme for our homecoming was Alice in Wonderland so this was the MC (and very very good friend of mine) Lauren who was dressed as Alice for the rally.

5070338523_6744fe8c08_b.jpg

WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeLLL
You definitely improved since last I saw ANY of your stuff - GREAT LIGHTING.
One comment though. On the 2nd image, have your subject turn a bit more to you (less body profile) she has a long neck and by having her turn you decrease this Giraffe effect.
Great job overall!

It isn't just the exposure that you got, your lighting has changed. You went from crappy flat to crappy ratio-wanabEEs to wonderful ratio lighting. Contrast but you can see that it is a 3Dimesional subject in that picture.
Good job

They are all fantastic. The lighting makes all the shots. Someday I hope to get better at this stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back