Bees!

atarvin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had fun with this. This is a interesting looking pasture weed.

Attachments

• $151.jpg
    $151.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 113
  • $064.jpg
    $064.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 94
Another I took today. Im afraid I over did the background, but I thought it looked neat.

Attachments

• $079.jpg
    $079.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 77
That is a thistle the bee is sitting on. The shots lack pop.. they have a really bad yellow cast (surely you aren't trying to do some vintage nonsense to these, I hope?). The bee(s) is/are so small in the overall shot that they are lost... just not interesting.

#1 and #2 are reasonable exposures... and moderately sharp.. that yellow is terrible though. (I saw your other thread.. it is Yellow too.. you need to check your WB, or change your processing). #3 is not good! ;)

Nice effort, as Charlie said picture #1 the weed/Bee is way too small. More then 75% of the picture has nothing to do with the subject matter. Picture #2 is much better in terms of the size/ratio of the Bee to the full picture, but it's centered dead in the middle, and the Bee is at head on view, which makes it hard to tell it's a Bee. DOF for both pictures is perfect. Picture #3 again has the Bee/Weed dead center, and it looks like a very, very heavy crop as there is a ton of noise.

Getting closer to make your subject obvious is a must. Keep at it.

Here's one taken with a 300mm lens from about 8' away and cropped. Clicky

Most reactions

Back