Before and After! How did I do?

Yousuf Karsh That is one heck of a photographer. IMO. Those are some big name people on that link and all the pics are extremely well done. the shot of Jacques Cousteau is one style that i am looking to learn how to acomplish esp.​

OP she looks like an extra from the Walking Dead!

Last edited:
If you want your portraits to have high impact, I'd suggest diversifying your inspiration from people like portraitist, Yousuf Karsh. He did it completely with light and shadow and no post-processing. Seeing work like this always takes me out of my post-production habits and back to the real world. It's an easy thing to fall into.

Check out the awesome at this link:

Yousuf Karsh Portraits

Wow..His work is amazing!! :)

Yeah, seriously good. For as much as we have online and forum photographer heroes on flickr, 500px, and the likes, we should be equally always be looking at the masters. It's the only way we'll meet our potential as creators.

I found that doing it may have been easier than explaining it. I use lightroom and really contolled the color balancing.

$Portrait1-1664.jpg

NickLane - are you allowing us to edit your photos? I see some others have but you have "NOT okay to edit" on your info. I would love to give you my take on it - if you will allow :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back