Awesome shot.....how do u get such great colours??
Thank you.
The properties of the landscape;
The granite in this area is pink (apelite?). The weathering tends to darken this to a reddish color.
Shoot before sunlight;
The biotite mica content is highly reflectant. Ambient light (before the direct sun rises) will bounce off the glassy mica particles. This was shot probably 15-20 minutes before actual sunrise.
Long exposure;
This was 13 seconds at f25. Slightly underexposed is better to retain the colors.
Post;
Slight levels and curve adjustments. Some dodging and burning for feature relief. You may notice there are no hard shadows.
Maybe use a warming filter on the foreground. The more I do these, the less I need to adjust with that.
IMO, the hardest thing about doing these is to get the focus right in near-dark conditions. I was thinking about carrying a flashlight, but I never remember, and they're too heavy anyhow, plus, I'd only need it for maybe 20 minutes. Once I start, I'm usually weighed down with my d80, d300, tripod, and canteen full of water (because it can get very hot, very fast). I go for about an hour after sunrise and spend about 30 minutes walking back.