TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4249695722_5e44544e5f.jpg

This is the original above:

Then I edited it in PS Elements 5 and basically edited the color of her coat and the back round to black and white.
I found this useful because of the distractions in the backround.

Would you have done it differently?

Edited version:

4249638102_f0295feaea_b.jpg

Since you shot it in raw you may as well fix the blown out snow and muzzle around the nose.
The background is more distracting as black and white than it would be in color.
Next time try to use a longer lens and larger f stop to blur the background or better yet, shoot from a lower angle or in a different spot to minimize the background distractions.
Choose your background first then put your subject in it.

Since you shot it in raw you may as well fix the blown out snow and muzzle around the nose.
The background is more distracting as black and white than it would be in color.
Next time try to use a longer lens and larger f stop to blur the background or better yet, shoot from a lower angle or in a different spot to minimize the background distractions.
Choose your background first then put your subject in it.

Thanks for the tips.
Only when shooting a mule or other equine, it is rare that unless you put them in a stable or halter them do you have a choice of backround.
BUT...I do understand the proper use of the longer lens and the appropriate f stop...I had the lens on...didn't think about it because she was moving...
It is all about being prepared isn't it?

I see upon review that the nose is a mess!
I appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

Last edited:
BTW...went back to .NEF to edit and the snow WAS too blown out to do anything with.

Dead end there.

Try removing the entire background and using a solid colour?

Good suggestion, I tried that and it just didn't 'do' it for me.
I've dumped the file since then.
Thanks for the great suggestion though!

Most reactions

Back