Beginner: 2 fall pictures C&C please

brad89300

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally got sometime to go and practice. I forgot the rule of third while shooting so I have to crop them. Your C&C is greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_1456-1.jpg

2. Image is blurry, probably shaky during shooting, tripod next time
IMG_1453-1.jpg

imo...

#1, nice colors, crop it up like you say so the 2 trees are framing each side and it would be pretty nice.

#2 your auto focus seems to have picked up the tree itself and not the leaves, would much rather have the foreground leaves in focus.

Thanks for your comment jnm. You're right, I just realized that I switched to AF for shot #2 (don't know why).

imo...

#1, nice colors, crop it up like you say so the 2 trees are framing each side and it would be pretty nice.

#2 your auto focus seems to have picked up the tree itself and not the leaves, would much rather have the foreground leaves in focus.

i liked the first picture, because you framed it in a sort of way, the second one was a snap shot, you could improve it through a different angle and a stable tripod

edit: the first one would look tight as an HDR maybe

Thanks for your comment jnm. You're right, I just realized that I switched to AF for shot #2 (don't know why).

sorry, didnt mean to say that AF was wrong to use, it's actually what you should use... it's just that the camera became focused on the tree instead of the leaves. whatever focus point you had selected thought you wanted the tree in focus. what the AF is picking up is something to be mindful of.

i liked the first picture, because you framed it in a sort of way, the second one was a snap shot, you could improve it through a different angle and a stable tripod

edit: the first one would look tight as an HDR maybe

Thanks Inst!nct, shot 2 does look more and more like just a snap shot. Shot 1 probably look cool as a HDR, but I'm not too familiar with that technique yet, still learning.

jnm also mention the fact that the AF selected the tree instead of leaves as point of focus. I usually shot only in MF, but somehow I accidentally switch over.

Thanks again all for your critiques, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hello brad.... The composition should include a focal point of interest as well as a visual relief area?

A shot like this works best when the eye goes to a single element of interest

Cheers, Joe

I think the first one is sorta pretty. It reminds me of something.
Second one is blurry and I don't like it as much.

Most reactions

Back