Beginner automotive shots, C&C please

shanemono4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just got my d3000 for christmas and I've been doing a little bit of automotive photography, mainly mine and my friends cars. Let me know what you all think-

Front02.jpg

Rearend.jpg

Sideshot01.jpg

Blake2.jpg

3 and 4 are my favorites, the first one seems like the car is to far right and back and the second one looks like the white balance is off and the blurry people in the back is distracting. The 3rd is my favorite, i like the lights on but theres a distracting light in the background. and the 4th is tilted. All in all i like them.

Great first start. I like your pictures. Car photography is tough. I have tried a few attempts myself, keep at it though. Some of my thoughts:

1.) Horizon is tilted. It was obviously a very foggy night, which makes the picture a little flat. (Maybe try increasing the contrast).

2.) Again, the horizon isn't exactly level. Background is distracting.

3.) Great picture! I love it. Good use of light. I don't like that the car is very centered.

4.) Distracting background, lacks contrast, and is a bit under-exposed.

Keep shooting and have fun.

-Andy

Thanks for the advice! :) Tiny, I didn't even realize the people hahaha. I even did some PP on it and didn't even see them

Bad Andy, you're right about the fog. I'll try the contrast thing and work on leveling the horizon :)

I don't get what's going on with #2. It just looks like a normal point and shoot picture of the car.

#4 is crooked

#3 looks like it's lost some of it's color, especially on the red

I don't get what's going on with #2. It just looks like a normal point and shoot picture of the car.

#4 is crooked

#3 looks like it's lost some of it's color, especially on the red

#2 is supposed to be a shot of the rear that is easy to see the wheel fitment. It was just a quick spare of the moment shoot, nothin too serious

I get that, however there's no flavor to the pic, nothing that captures the eye too much

Nice stance on that bugeye. The last one is of a B6 A4? I had a bugeye before my B5 S4.

Antenna Down, face the wheels to the camera, rule of thirds, don't let things "grow" out of the car (Trees in 1, pole partially on 2), make sure you have enough frame to make a good picture but not too much to distract

Finally, best piece of advice, READ ARMIN's thread on NASIOC! :)

(clbd39 on nasioc as well 2002 SRP bugeye owner :) )

^^ +1, great stuff in Armin's thread!

Subscribed for when your photos aren't blocked by my work... Otherwise I'd leave some comments.

02 AW WRX ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back