What's new

Beginner looking for some tip, advice etc...

eyekyu

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
let me have it lol, good bad and maybe some techniques
thanks

Las Vegas Sun Rise Tilt Shift
$VegasMorning.webp

Daytime Long Exposure, Attempt at Color Correction and B&W
$IMG_0934CC.webp
$IMG_0934BW.webp

$IMG_0029-1.webp
$IMG_0936.webp
 
Hi,

Welcome to TPF. You need to set your profile tag OK/NOT OK to edit images. You said, let me have it and mentioned tips, so I'm going to assume editing your photos is OK. If not I'll pull this. I color balanced your dog; don't think he's really blue. I used Photoshop to remove the blue and then I opened up the shadow around his right eye a tad.

Joe

minek.jpg
 
wow thank you, i never noticed how "blue" it looked

in general I'm looking for tips, taking photos and post processing. I've only started shooting in RAW which is really neat. I made a ND Filter. don't know how i like it, may try to rent a 10stop NDF and go from there.

also does anybody use any filters during the day? is it possible to get light leaks through the view finder?
 
Hey broseph; I'm pretty new to this too. From what I can see your photos look pretty good. That tilt shift effect on the first one looks really cool and goes well with your scenery. The second two look kinda iffy. Not steady enough for your exposure/shutter speed. The dog looks pretty good; remember to check your white balance so you can get the most out of each environment. And the last one is cool but you should have either eliminated the car all together or put it center frame. Good start though.
 
thanks man, on the long exposure, that was the 1st time. I'm gonna try it again. maybe if i can find a actual ND filter
 
Hey welcome to the forum. I'm one of the members who will give you honest feedback because thats what I hope is given to me when I post photos. I hope you can appreciate that.
I think the pictures need some work
#1- really out of focus. And I can't tell what the subject is, the skyline or the parked cars. If you're going to shoot long exposures, invest in a good tripod and crop out anything that doesn't enhance the photo (like the cars)
#2-3 again, what's the subject? Powerlines? The fence?
#4- the dog is badly underexposed, the first thing I see is the carpet and that orange thing. Try and set up your photo, even if it's the smallest thing like moving stuff out of the way and framing your subject.
#5- Again, what's the subject? The graffiti? The car? I think a tighter crop would have made this one a little better

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, but you won't learn anything if people sit here and tell you that you're photos are pretty good. Keep shooting!
 
no, thank you. thats what I'm looking for.

my question is for anyone who can answer. when shooting in BRIGHT daylight is it best for a ND filter?
as far as cropping, what do i look for, just whats not necessary ??
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom