beginner problem

whammytoinks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
can anyone help be choose a camera around 750$ max budget that i can grow with. im plannibg to take any picture that it can take so when im decided on what photogrphy that iwant ill be upgrading my lens im thnking about d5001 ir t3i. if i can have bundke that will include essential kits asside from body and kit lens i can fit with that budget pls suggest. im looking also fir refurbished for cheaper proce but my provlem is im from philippines. i will jst a relative to buy it. if ill have issurs i cnt easily use the warrnty. any toughts?sory fir my bad english
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Look up the Nikon D7000 or Pentax K5. Nothing against Canon, but the T3i won't be likely something you'll be able to "grow into." With the D7000, for an extra few hundred bucks, you get a better focus system, better image quality, weather sealing, larger viewfinder, almost double continuous shooting speed, two memory card slots, much better battery life and better low light performance - all of which are things you start to appreciate more as you start growing into a camera. I also think the t3i has only one command wheel (dial) which would be a total deal breaker for me (but double check that I could be wrong). If anything, get a used Canon 7D.

thanks napalm. my budget is only around $800 dollor max with all the thing i need to start shooting. body lens bags cards and accesories.
i narrow down my choices to d3100 d5100 d80 d90 all refurbished.
Nikon D90 DSLR Camera, 18-105mm DX VR Lens, 4GB Kit 25448 KA im also looking in this. is this a good bundle to begn? thanks

Oh ok, I didn't realize your budget had to include all the accessories, I know it all adds up. Okay what you're looking at would be a great choice. The D90 is your next best bet and the 18-105mm kit lens is fairly versatile and will produce great images. I use to own the D5100 and thought it was a good camera capable of producing outstanding images, however my friend's D90 and even D80 appealed to me more as it offers a better feature set. Go for the D90 with that lens and those accessories and you should be good.

thanks. d90 will be my first dslr i guess. do i need hood?i dont know what size should i buy for that lens

thanks. d90 will be my first dslr i guess. do i need hood?i dont know what size should i buy for that lens

I believe the lens will come with a hood, if it doesn't, don't worry about it you don't really need one.

It doesn't mention a Hood, so I would assume no and order one with the bundle. Hoods, help cut down on glare but they also add some lens protection.

is there a huge jump from d80 to d90 ? or canon 60d?

edit: i think ill be buying d80 refurb and 18-105mm lens rufurb. im broke if i try to extend to d90 or is it worth it?
gonna buy lenses for the first year or 2. then upgrade my camera to prosumer level after. is it a good idea?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back