Beginner question about photographing tattoos

tat2papi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! New to the forum. I recently purchased a Canon T7i to take better pictures of the tattoos I’ve done. I bought a CPL lens and 50mm 1.8 stm lens. Works great over my IPhone 12. Any suggestions on another lens for taking pictures of tattoos?

Welcome to the forum! I have the Canon 28mm which is fairly sharp. The 50mm should work for your needs.

Welcome to the forum! I have the Canon 28mm which is fairly sharp. The 50mm should work for your needs.
Thanks!! Ok, does really good it’s just a little awkward bs I’m so far away from them. Guess I just need to get used to to.

Thanks!! Ok, does really good it’s just a little awkward bs I’m so far away from them. Guess I just need to get used to to.
We could better recommend something if we knew the size of your subjects and your desired working distance.
You might check out the Macro Photography forum:
A lot of it is just pictures, but you can also ask for advice.

We could better recommend something if we knew the size of your subjects and your desired working distance.
You might check out the Macro Photography forum:
A lot of it is just pictures, but you can also ask for advice.
Thanks!

Also not sure if it'll exactly help, but for post-processing you can use Photodiva, it's a photo editor for skin smoothing, especially if tattoos in question are facial! And yeah, the 50mm should be perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back