Beginner Shots. trips to silverfalls

lordbodom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots i took when i went to silverfalls yesterday. Please let me know how i can improve. All taken with an Olympus e-520 with the 14-42 zuiko lens.

3893678586_dbe6325555_b.jpg

f/11
1/2 sec shutter
iso 200

3892890193_4dd5574f2b_b.jpg

f/11
1/3 secs
iso 100

3892869523_2a1a4fa44a_b.jpg

f/8
1/5 sec
iso 100

THanks

Last edited:
Love the last one.

#1 - Seems like a lot of noise in this image...probably because it's underexposed. Very moody image but it feels like the horizon is tilted. Really doesn't do much for me.

#2 - Nice waterfall capture but it would have been nice to shoot this one in portrait orientation (vertical). A lot of people use ND (neutral density) filters when doing long exposure waterfall shots.

#3 - This shot might be slightly overexposed. If the bridge is the main subject you might want to get closer to fill the frame more next time. You also might want to shoot it from a different point of view just so the shot doesn't look quite so common.

1. This seems underexposed to me and something with it is askew. I'm not sure if its the horizon that is tilted, or an illusion of such because of three landscape lines{the main horizon in back and two in front that are hill like} Plus the clouds are on an angle.

2. I like this, but I agree with Samanax, this would have been better shot in vertical. It would have added more foreground and given more depth to the image.

3. The bridge is right in the center of this shot. A bit less foreground here would have helped, especially since there is a lot of glare on the water. A polarizing filter can help reduce sun glare on water.

Most reactions

Back