What's new

Beginner - Street Photography - C&C solicited

chetanls

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Bangalore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I just recently entered the world of DSLR. I took a few photographs capturing the street life in India. Would love to hear feedback from you all.

1. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2759/4018064515_ed02f84b88.jpg

A few things I attempted (or to be honest, fell into place automatically :blushing:): The two blurred images in the background are part of the story. The laborer doing hard manual work while the supervisor stands behind overseeing the work. The main subject - the man with a royal moustache - has been kept at the right thirds of the frame. I think I should have overexposed the image by half-a-stop of so; I think the main subject appears too dark. Should I do some fill lighting or selective tonal adjustment in PP?

2. [IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2704/4063467327_cfe3270910.jpg

Here too, the props in the background add to the story - I feel it gives a sense of the livelihood of the two main subjects. Both the subjects were looking at a particular subject of interest which I have deliberately left out. Also, since the low evening light projected stark shadows, and the whole scene depicts an almost bygone era by modern living standards, I felt B&W will do justice. I used 'de-saturate' in PP to achieve B&W. Should I be doing more selective tone conversion perhaps? The faces of the main subjects are dark?

Would love to hear C&C
 
You forgot the
 
1.
4018064515_ed02f84b88.jpg

2.
4063467327_cfe3270910.jpg


There you go :lol:

I like #1. It fits my compositional tastes.

Welcome by the way ;)
 
Thank you Boxphotographer and thebeatles.
One request - I followed the instructions on "posting with photographs from 3rd party site", but obviously, I have gone wrong!
Can you please help me here?
 
comp on 1 is amazing, i enjoy the colors and the bokeh. #2 is great as well, but it is a little dark for my taste.
 
Thank you Javier. I went thru your article - great tips and some great photos. It was very useful to me; thanks again.
 
Thank you Boxphotographer and thebeatles.
One request - I followed the instructions on "posting with photographs from 3rd party site", but obviously, I have gone wrong!
Can you please help me here?
you got most of it right in your post. you added the img tag at the beginning but forgot the [/img] at the end of the image.
 
Compositionally speaking, I like #1 the best. However, as a street photo, I really like #2. There's more going on, and I can't help but think, "What are those guys looking at?" They're both great though.
 
percent20 - thank you for the info.
All - thanks for your words of encouragement as well as inputs...
Feels good to be part of a forum where everyone is so responsive!
 
Both of them are excellent. Glad the first one is in colour, since B&W wouldn't have the same impact. You might have tried to squeeze in the guy's foot and the handlebars of the bike in the second.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom