beginner zoom lens

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was looking for a descent starter zoom lens maybe a 75-300mm? for a reasonable price...suggestions?

thanks!

The 55-250mm is only $200
Yeah, the 55-250mm is a good addition to your 18-55mm kit lens.

How much were you looking to spend though? And how serious are you about photography? Better glass will give you better images but better glass isn't cheap.

Stay away from the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 lenses...they are pretty bad.

A nice walk-around zoom lens is the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM...about $210 right now with the instand rebate.

The 55-250mm is only $200
Yeah, the 55-250mm is a good addition to your 18-55mm kit lens.

How much were you looking to spend though? And how serious are you about photography? Better glass will give you better images but better glass isn't cheap.

Stay away from the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 lenses...they are pretty bad.

A nice walk-around zoom lens is the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM...about $210 right now with the instand rebate.

tops is around $200...i'm jus still a novice photographer...but i tend to practce practice pratice...its more of a fun hobby i really enjoy!:mrgreen:

def. get the 55-250mm I have it and love it, I bought the 70-300 and the photography store told me I could test it out, and if you're not shooting with a tripod then the 55-250 IS really helps

I'm also looking for a cheap zoom lens for my e-410.
Can anyone help me with that?

The following lenses would be a good pick for you. I have used the Sigma Apo version and was very impressed for the money. They also have a macro switch allowing for extended focus for Macro photography. IT works great and I think it would be a good idea for you. Good price on both lenses and as a plus, they are both very lightweight and have a range up to 300mm. Very versatile lens. :)

Sigma | 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens | 508101

or

Sigma | 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus Lens | 509101 | B&H
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The following lenses would be a good pick for you. I have used the Sigma Apo version and was very impressed for the money. They also have a macro switch allowing for extended focus for Macro photography. IT works great and I think it would be a good idea for you. Good price on both lenses and as a plus, they are both very lightweight and have a range up to 300mm. Very versatile lens. :)

Sigma | 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Autofocus Lens | 508101

or

Sigma | 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Autofocus Lens | 509101 | B&H
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

can both these lens used for both zoom and macro shots?

ok wats the difference between these lens besides the price???

The more expensive lens uses 3 Special Low Dispersion glass elements to help minimize chromatic aberration (CA). The cheaper lens only has 1 Special Low Dispersion glass element. The more expensive lens should give you cleaner images.

Most reactions

Back