beginner's luck

uniqueisuntrue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this was my first time using any sort of long time exposure..
they make my city look a lot more exciting than it is in reality, i think.

ae31b517.jpg

64c9fe7a.jpg

2c2ff16e.jpg

8d363e9a.jpg

i think they could've been a little sharper, and i sort of wish i hadn't cut out the top of the building in 3,
but i reeeally love the glowing of all the lights.

looks like something i could wear around my neck.

I honestly don't know anything about photography on the technical side, my reason for joining this site :D, but as someone that has never seen Boston these photos are fantastic. #2 is my favourite!

For someone who was trying their very first long exposure/nighttime photography you did really well!
Not only did you choose a very nice vantage point for the "aerial view" if your town, you also managed to capture a lot of interesting aspects, like the building in #4 on the very right with the many windows/balconies (?) right in the roof.

Do you know that you now have an assignment, i.e. to go to all the interesting buildings that you managed to capture here and take them a) on a beautiful day, and b) from road level at night? Sure enough that is what members with so much luck in their first approach to nighttime photography have to do on TPF! Oh yeah ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)!!!!!!

ooh! an assignment!! this is sooo exciting. :eek:)
i can't wait to get startedddd.
hopefully, if i have more than just beginner's luck, i won't let you down.

yay!!!

awsome pics hil, i might just have to get a day down in the city to take some with youu

Good stuff, you did the right thing in getting stuck in. The steepest learning curve is when your actually trying something for yourself.

Keep up the good work............

Most reactions

Back