beginners view

the_fatman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just a pic or five of mine that i want you all to critique :0 very much a beginner but hope to do a course soon an get more involved, thanks in advance for your comments :)
100_6115.jpg

100_6444.jpg

100_4751.jpg

100_1447.jpg

fujifinepix2-389.jpg

Welcome to TPF fatman. I like these shots, especially the last one with the breaking wave.

The only thing I can suggest is when looking through the view finder try keeping the horizon straight. In the first two shots the horizon looks a little crooked.

Cheers.

I like the third shot the best. I think the first one is good, but it lacks good contrast. Too much grey.

I didnt even take horizons into account :) first lesson learn't and i haven't touched pics in anyway, one day i will learn to do all that cheers :)

My fav is the third one... I can't comment further then that cause well I'm hopeless with photography techniques LOL

I like the 2nd one the best. You can easily fix that horizon in photoshop.
go to
-Filter
-Distort
-Lens Correction
And then click on the straighten tool in the top left of that screen.
Post your fixed one up too!

wow to #3, i also like #2 a lot!

the best advice i can give is that the shots are taken from the classic "standing up" position, try a different angle of view, like get up on a rock and look down, or lie on the ground

cool shots though, good job man =P

I think #1 is the best but do agree with lifeafter2am in that it is a little flat. I played a little with the contrast and levels, hope you don't mind. This is what I got.

100_6115.jpg

I love this shot compositionally, it's great (horizon a little skewed but not that noticable because of the wave).

Most reactions

Back