Beginners Word Of Advice :)

Not every photo will appeal to every person. I call modern art ugly colours. Some find the meaning of life in them. Is that art? Not to me. Is all photos I see here art to me? Nope. They may be deemed worthy of the term "photograph" by others, but I may not agree.

What's my point? Formulating a general definition of the difference between a "photograph" and a "snapshot" is pretty much idiotic, as at least one person will disagree with it, as we've already seen an example of in this thread.

How would define this picture? Let me assure you, not much thought was laid down in this capture.

Fiskeknute-1.jpg

Ohh, great pics is just as, erh, captureable with non DSLRs as well!

Last edited:
I agree, you don't need a DSLR to create a "photograph". It's only one format (a popular one) of many that can be used to capture images. It's all about knowing the limitations of your equipment.

I see and agree with all your posts!

As stated earlier I am new, and may not be very eloquent on the subject :). As I stated in an earlier post, Mt definitions of snapshot/photo are in relation to me, before I post, as to not be posting junk :).

Others could benefit from having some type of ground rules before they post as well. I know it has saved me embarrassment!

Btw Loved the firework shot from last night, those are so hard to get :)

TwoTwoLeft said:
I agree, you don't need a DSLR to create a "photograph". It's only one format (a popular one) of many that can be used to capture images. It's all about knowing the limitations of your equipment.

True! Again from a beginner prospective, most people in the beginning forum will be starting out with a digital camera. Gosh I so wish I had kept my old Cannon film camera around!

YouTube 'iPhone photo shoot'. You definitely can create art with a point and shoot. It's just easier to control the outcome when you can control every aspect of the photo taking process.

Most reactions

Back