Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
how much is petrol in the u.s?

u.k it is 4pound a gallon
thats 8 dollars.

and

who for president?

Where I live, gasoline is hovering at just under $3/gal.

As for president..I think political discussions are forbidden here as they can get rather heated... :)

3.50 a gallon here in california... No one that is running is worth voting for.

god gas is cheap!!!

ah political questions i understand.

ill pay $2.83/gal when i get out of work

Diesel is about £ 1.10 a litre in East Anglia

or £4.80 us Gallon $9.50 at today's exchange rate

Thank goodness my Volvo D5 does 40-50mpg

Between $2.90-$3.10 depending on the part of town.

Seems to fluctuate only a little in the states... but 8 dollars a gallon! I would be walking everywhere I go (actually pretty much impossible in the states)

It's all completely relative. I am on a UK/Europe based gaming forum and this discussion comes up all the time. Everything always ends up a flame war between the hated US and the rest of the world though.

Think about how much you drive or the distances you have to drive over there in the UK. Think about the size of the UK vs. the size of the US. "Fuel" (I'll refrain from calling it 'gas' for you, lest I be flamed by the UK for that, hehehe J/King :D) might be cheaper, but the general population needs to travel much farther.

For myself, I live pretty much 40 miles from anywhere. What does that mean? With my old junker broken down POS getting 20 mpg, it takes me $12 just to run to the store for milk. Or to put it in better perspective, 5 round trips to work per week at $12 per day is $120 per paycheck. For what I pay in "fuel" just to get to work per month, I could have a brand spankin new car. Unfortunately, I also end up with about $50-80 left of my pay after bills, thus most of my "fuel" goes on a credit card.

Yes, remember, I do talk quite a bit with folks from the UK. Nearly every day and even several times a day. It's been determined that the average salary in the UK and the US is approximately the same number in GBP and USD (example - 36,000 GBP vs. $36,000 US). It's also been determined that consumer products are approximately half the equivalent number in the UK vs. US, thus the actual cost is relatively the same. Thus, a popular gaming device for this particular game we discuss is 150 GBP vs. $300 US. It's pretty much the same after the currency conversion.

Thus, the majority of consumer products cost pretty much the same, yet your average salary is twice what it is here, I wouldn't be complaining too much about the price of "fuel" if I was making my USD salary number equivalent in GBP (would mean I was making twice what I make).

So, yes we are fortunate that our "fuel" is fairly cheap compared to the UK. The unfortunate part is as fuel prices, or cost of everything actually, continuously rises and our economy continuously falls, quite a lot of folks are going to be on the verge of loosing everything over here.

$3.40 up here in Maine.

Political discussion? I wasn't gonna say anything until Corry said it had ended...

Jeremy Gray for President...

In 19 years when I can legally run!

We are seeing $3.00 per gallon in North Carolina also. I do like Mrrodgers explanation though. For me, work is 25 miles away. No public transport available (I would have to drive 15 miles just to get to the bus station and then wait for the crappy bus schedule to get me *close* to work.) So, in my 20 mpg Mustang I use just over a gallon each way. Not good. When I drive my Subaru, I get about 27 mpg. So, I use a little less gas, but now I can't pass anyone because the Subaru has *no* power at all!!!! Grrrrrr!!!!

And for President....I still think Bill the Cat would make a great leader!!!!

180px-Billthecat.jpg

I know, I posted someone elses work. But it doesn't make any sense unless I do!!!

It's all completely relative. I am on a UK/Europe based gaming forum and this discussion comes up all the time. Everything always ends up a flame war between the hated US and the rest of the world though.

Think about how much you drive or the distances you have to drive over there in the UK. Think about the size of the UK vs. the size of the US. "Fuel" (I'll refrain from calling it 'gas' for you, lest I be flamed by the UK for that, hehehe J/King :D) might be cheaper, but the general population needs to travel much farther.

For myself, I live pretty much 40 miles from anywhere. What does that mean? With my old junker broken down POS getting 20 mpg, it takes me $12 just to run to the store for milk. Or to put it in better perspective, 5 round trips to work per week at $12 per day is $120 per paycheck. For what I pay in "fuel" just to get to work per month, I could have a brand spankin new car. Unfortunately, I also end up with about $50-80 left of my pay after bills, thus most of my "fuel" goes on a credit card.

Yes, remember, I do talk quite a bit with folks from the UK. Nearly every day and even several times a day. It's been determined that the average salary in the UK and the US is approximately the same number in GBP and USD (example - 36,000 GBP vs. $36,000 US). It's also been determined that consumer products are approximately half the equivalent number in the UK vs. US, thus the actual cost is relatively the same. Thus, a popular gaming device for this particular game we discuss is 150 GBP vs. $300 US. It's pretty much the same after the currency conversion.

Thus, the majority of consumer products cost pretty much the same, yet your average salary is twice what it is here, I wouldn't be complaining too much about the price of "fuel" if I was making my USD salary number equivalent in GBP (would mean I was making twice what I make).

So, yes we are fortunate that our "fuel" is fairly cheap compared to the UK. The unfortunate part is as fuel prices, or cost of everything actually, continuously rises and our economy continuously falls, quite a lot of folks are going to be on the verge of loosing everything over here.

ok not going to start an argument here,

but the avarage wage in uk is 24000 pounds.

most peeps i know are on less than 20000.

this thread was in no way a dig at americans.

i was just curious and 3/4 of our fuel price goes in tax to the government.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back