believe it or not

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I of all people in the whole world have a software question... First of all for the one person who doesn't know I shoot film exclusively, but I also scan the negs and work the negs in several programs. Now if I go at it one by one, I have everything I need. But unfortunately I have decided to come out of retirement in a couple of weeks.

If I shoot large amount of film ie a wedding, I am going to have upwards of a hundred images to process. One at a time and I might as well plan on a weeks work and NOOOOOO way.

So the long and short of it is, I want to take the first one and tweak it, then batch correct using it as a guide. I know there is a software to do it, I had a demo copy once but didn't really need it enough to pay for it at the time. Now I have lost the darn thing.

So Question. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A STAND ALONE SOFTWARE THAT WILL BATCH CORRECT USING ONE IMAGE AS A GUIDE. THANKS GUYS...

The only thing that I can think of is photoshop. You can create and save a set of actions that you can apply to any photo.

I picked up a note in google from another forum and found out that almost any editor will batch process. It's in the help files how tos. I found that my freeware editor would do it even... but thanks for giving it some thought.

Ha I was about to post something similar saying that every editor which handles RAW files often has a batch command in it, but looks like problem solved anyway :)

The only thing that I can think of is photoshop. You can create and save a set of actions that you can apply to any photo.

No. Photoshop is the worst program you can use for batch image processing nowadays.

Mysteryscribe, sounds like you need Lightroom, Aperture, Capture One, something of that breed of software.

I use Lightroom personally, for color correction I find it superior to Photoshop becuase you don't need to work in layers, and everything is right there, in a VERY intuitive design, without being destructive to the original integrity of your image.

My son in law says that about lightroom about their being a seperate file for the commands or something like that. My little freeware program doesn't have all the commands I need but I think I can make do. I have a color match program I may have to take a look and see if it will batch.

Right, Lightroom, instead of saving a duplicate of your image file that can potentially be larger than the original, Lightroom saves all the editing information in a really small library for reference. That way, you dont' have a gazillion edited images, just a library that keeps track of what you did to them. Aperture works the same way.

Most reactions

Back