Bench warmers C&C appreciated

shmne

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a shot I believe I have posted before, edited version prefaced with the original. Here is my idea flow for this shot:

First and foremost the subject is the bench. I wanted it centered because the representation of the bench is a metaphor in which it is a seat for two people, two people that have yet to find each other. I originally pen tooled the background out (I traced the top of the bush, every leaf more or less) but then I decided that just replacing the background with something more simplistic just wouldn't cut it at all. So then I decided to make it feel as if there was a wall of bushes behind the bench, which works great because this could be considered a support behind the people that are meant to sit there (more metaphors yay!)

After going through most of that thought, I decided that a cross process feel would portray the emotion of sadness without being too dramatic. I felt the blue / green tinge would push that emotion.

And a final note is that the intended print size is 4x6, however if I work on cleaning up the hard edges I left in I could print it at 8x11 without a loss of detail. (I just didn't want to break an hour of work on this)

I'd love to get some C&C on the entire situation and appreciate any comments :)

I am aware that the bench is a little soft, there was nothing I could do to restore the sharpness without ruining pixels.

img6232.jpg

picture9xuu.png

And so you believe me here is the bench without the background lol :)
nobackground.jpg

What were you trying to acomplish? None of these speak to me at all.

The preface was a bit long I admit, I was trying to accomplish a sense of loneliness or longing. The middle picture is the actual finished one.

Looking back now the subject is a bit weak :| I think I just love empty seats and allowed that to pull my interest into this more so then anyone else

I think if the background for the picture had been more emotive and the angle of the shot different if could have worked but this just doesn't do it for me xxx

The preface was a bit long I admit, I was trying to accomplish a sense of loneliness or longing. The middle picture is the actual finished one.

Looking back now the subject is a bit weak :| I think I just love empty seats and allowed that to pull my interest into this more so then anyone else

I didn't even read your intro, honestly. Basically because if you have to explain the photo, it didn't work.

There's potential here, but not in these angles.

The problem was I started with a concept, then used a photo I had.

I'm going to rehash the concept and shoot this again for sure, similar shot but with a model. I made too many assumptions when it came to the people viewing it, which was a silly mistake!

I appreciate the comments :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back