Benefits of upgrading to Lightoom 6 from Lightroom 3

Jon_Are

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been using LR 3 for several years. I'm thinking it is time to upgrade to LR 6, but I'd like to be convinced that this is a good idea before pulling the trigger.

I am pretty familiar with 3, but I am definitely out of the loop with regard to the subsequent updates.

So, please tell me what useful features LR 6 has vs. LR 3.

(I've done some online searching, but I'd like some Photo Forum folks to indicate what, specifically, they like in the newer versions)

Thanks!

I really like the change from the 2010 to 2012 Process that I have on LR 5.6 that I am using. Recovery and Fill Light changed to Highlights, Shadows, Whites.

You can paint in with the Clone Brush.
The Radial filter (don't use it as much as I could).

I haven't tried LR 6 or CC yet, but would use the panorama there and not go to PS for that.

The noise reduction in adobe camera raw significantly improved after version 3. A lot of people who used to use a seperate noise reduction software found that when using lightroom 4 they no longer required this

I am actually on Lightroom 5 still lol. I need to update my Creative Cloud apps because I'm also still on Photoshop CC 2014 (i procrastinate on updates terribly lol):abnormal:

Anyway I think it is a good idea to go ahead an make the upgrade to LR 6. Although, I haven't used 6 yet, I really appreciated my initial upgrade from Lightroom 3 to Lightroom 5 a little while ago. I got attached to the Fill Light and Recovery sliders; however, quickly adapted to the Shadows and Highlights sliders and absolutely ADORE how powerful they are!:adoration:

Plus, I just found out you can still go back to editing your images with Fill Light and Recovery if you want while in newer Lightroom (including 6 I believe). I found out you can do this through the Camera Calibration Panel.

So yeah, I say go for it!:alien:

Most reactions

Back