Best Book on Photoshop CS6 for photographers

govindvkumar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a book on Photoshop CS6 for learning post processing.
So, which book is the best available in the market.

Books which i came across are given below

1.Adobe Photoshop CSX for Photographers: A Professional Image by Martin Evening
2, Adobe Photoshop CS6[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Book for Digital [/FONT]Photographers by Scott kelby
3. Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4: A Photographer's Handbook by Stephen Laskevitch

Please provide your valuable suggestions

Regards
Govind

I rely on Martin Evening's excellent book as a very comprehensive reference. His book details all the tools, features and functions CS 6 offers more so than describing how to do image editing.
Scott Kelby's book is essentially a collection of tutorials on how to do certain kinds of edits.

I have not heard of the 3rd author.

So I can recommend Martin and Scott's books and would suggest 2 others:
Lightroom's Develop module and CS 6 Camera Raw are essentially the same (ACR) which is why they are both covered in this book,
The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop

This book is related to Lightroom. Camera Raw , and Photoshop:
The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing

Jeff Schewe and Martin Evening are both founding partners in the company Pixel Genius, LLC.
Other Pixel Genius founding partners are Bruce Fraser, Seth Resnick, Andrew Rodney, and Mac Holbert. Mac Holbert joined Pixel Genius after Bruce Fraser's passing.

Adobe often consults with Pixel Genius, and though not an Adobe employee, Jeff Schewe has been involved in Lightroom's development since shortly after it's beginnings.

I am a long time NAPP member and highly recommend joining.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I will second the above consensus from KmH. I am currently reading Martin Evening's book on PS CS6 and it's excellent. Long, detailed and a bit boring it would seem, but it's not a fiction book to be read cover to cover. I find the layout very good, the background explanations well thought out and written, and there is an excellent TOC and Index.

To be certain, I'm referring to this book: Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC: Martin Evening: 9780240526041: Amazon.com: Books

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back